Monday, July 2, 2012

Some Ground Rules

As with any journey, there are times when you make a lot of progress, and times when you make painfully little progress. Lately, unfortunately, it has been the latter. It is driving me crazy! I always start out with the best of intentions. Then, inevitably, life happens. My wife has “projects” for me, the kids have immediate needs, something breaks down that I have to fix or replace, or some family member has a major melt down over some minor occurrence. Before long the distractions run one into another, and then the momentum is lost. Not this time. I am dedicated to making this happen. So, please bear with me as I work through the nasty little gremlins of starting this new project.

One thing I do need to point out, so you understand certain aspects of my writing this blog.  I realize that many bloggers maintain extensive online profiles, and post very personally identifiable information in their daily writings. I won’t be doing that.  Why you may ask?  Well. I am married to a very beautiful, intelligent, and capable woman.  She also happens to be a very, very private person. In addition, I have six wonderful children.  Some of them are actually step-children, but I have always viewed them as all “my children”. But they deserve their privacy. Besides, there would be no end to the devastating teenage tragedy if their friends “found out”. So out of love and respect for the privacy of my family members, I will be keeping our personally identifiable information just that…private. However, that doesn’t change the validity, and relatability of my situation. I know that there must million of you out there that can relate to my horribly desperate financial situation, and would like someone with which to commiserate. I won’t hold back on the honesty and forthrightness of my situation and struggles. I will let you get to know the real me in that regard. You just won’t get to know me in the greater context of the human race or the citizenry of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment